Monday, March 3, 2008

new to this!

This is like jumping off the edge! I haven't had any blogging experience so am looking forward to exploring this new (to me) communication tool. Am two weeks late starting the program and setting up the blog site; I'm finding it's taking much longer than the suggested 15 mins per day to work through all the information on the Web 2.0 program...but it's so interesting! I hope to feel much more confident, and dare I say, knowledgeable, on blog "functionality" by the end of the course.The preview clip, Blogs in Plain English, was useful, as were the links to the libraries that have incorporated blogging in their websites. I particularly liked the idea of the librarian who was enabling young adults interested in the Dungeons and Dragons game to link up via the web, as well as through game sessions at the library.
My Lifelong Learning flame has just been re-ignited. We see the benefits of continuous learning programs, computer pals groups, book clubs etc in our library visitors. Hope I can keep up!
more later...

No comments: