Thursday, March 20, 2008

more wikis

Have now viewed the PB wiki tour (this narrator speaks so fast that I needed to pause the clip to catch the instructions!) Now know that an Invite key is a loggin.
Have added two comments to the NSW Learning 2.0 wiki. That was fun and I enjoyed reading the comments of the other contributors.

Just a question:
I couldnt find a colour selector for changing the type colour when you add an entry to the wiki; couldn't find a settings button ...

Had a browse through the Possible next generation catalogs; was impressed with Aquabrowser at Queens Library for ebooks and emusic entries, also the State Library of Tasmania for ease of navigation - much more visually appealing than some of the American sites, for some reason.
I haven't been working with a group so haven't set up a work wiki yet; will look into this with an interested librarian...

I'm finding it very disconcerting to receive emails when I edit something on the wiki site. I can see that you candiscontinue the emails - are they to authenticate the poster?


No comments: